Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

When You Wish Upon A Star...

This post is dedicated to the last couple of days in Disneyland and California Adventure, or as I like to call it, California Land. There will be mostly pictures but these are not all the pictures. These are the pictures that I took and what my brother Ian took. My dad still has a bunch that he needs to put on Facebook and Auntie La has a bunch that I might steal later!

Day One


The day started out with the purchase of some Minnie Mouse sequence sparkly mouse ears and a selfie in front of the castle.

The first ride we went on was Space Mountain because we wanted to beat the lines. And beat the lines we did! The sign said there was about a 10 minute wait we figured out that was how long it took to walk through all the empty lanes, standing in line we waited about 2 minutes. Now I don't like roller coasters. I don't like the feeling of my stomach falling out my butt when you go down a large drop. So I screamed, alot. And I may have cried a little! But this was my one new thing for the day! Also I might add that I was starting to lose my voice from being sick so my screams were pretty pathetic. 


Next, we went on the Buzz Lightyear ride, I emailed the pictures of that one to myself but can't seem to find them. After that we went on Autotopia! Dad has pictures of this ride on his camera so I'll post those later.

After that we made our way to Fantasyland, yes we skipped Star Tours because at this point the wait was pretty long. So we waited in line for the Matterhorn which wasn't that bad of a wait. They changed the seats on this ride. Instead of two people sharing a seat sitting in eachother's laps, everyone gets their own individual compartment. Dad and Ian said they were both too tall for this ride and that there wasn't enough leg room and that they probably wouldn't go on it again. Boo hoo :( I fit just fine!    
    
While still in Fantasyland, I wanted to go on It's a Small World because I have not been on this ride since I was maybe 3 years old. Legend says that we all got stuck on this ride for at least 3 hours and all we heard was the "It's a small world" song play over and over...So I felt enough time had passed that we could go on again. And every thing was okay.     

 




Then we made our way over to Frontier Land and New Orleans Square. Unfortunately Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and The Haunted MAnsion were both closed. But Auntie La and I read on the internet that if you ask, you can drive the Mark Twain ferry boat! That was so much fun. 



Wasting some time in Frontier Land while we waited for our lunch reservation.


The Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favorite rides!


Then we made our way to Critter Country because I love Winnie the Pooh! So we went on that ride and afterwards we got to take pictures with Tigger and Eeyore. 


Now by this time we had basically gone on all the rides we really wanted to in the park and it was only about 2:00pm. We had lunch reservations at the famous Blue Bayou. And you guessed it all four of us got the monte cristo with a side of gumbo. It was very yummy but man my tummy was so upset from all that fried food. After lunch we decided to go back to the hotel, take a soak in the hot tub and take a nap and come back to the park in time for fireworks. The fireworks show was amazing! We watched it from the main street train station so it was a nice clear view.








After the fireworks we decided to bare the long line and waited in line for Star Tours. While waiting in line we started doing Disney trivia on my phone on an app called QuizUp. That made the wait go by much faster. They redesigned Star Tours since the last time I went on it and let me tell you it was pretty awesome! It is in 3-D now and the graphics and everything was just really well done. The picture below was my dad trying on a Yoda hat. I tried to convince him to get it but he wasn't into it.


And more selfies! Wow I did not realize how long it was going to take me to write this post and I still have Day Two to do. I will try to work on that one tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment