Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day of Firsts

I didn't get to write yesterday because I didn't get home until 1:30 am! Why was I out so late? Because I went line dancing for the first time! Lauren and Haley took me out for a night of fun. Lauren was a pro. She said it was about her 10th time going but for me and Haley this was our first! We get to the bar and immediately jump into the lesson. The dance was to "That's my kinda night" by Luke Bryan. I love this song so I enjoyed learning the dance. But man was it complex for a newbie like me! Haley and I kept laughing because we were messing up so much. I felt like I literally had two left feet. But sometimes you just have to fake it till you make it. After we learned the dance they opened the floor up to regular line dancing. Basically we just stood on the side of the dance floor until the song we learned came on because we didn't know any of the other songs! Although Lauren knew a couple of easy songs so she made me and Haley come out and do them with her. Most were pretty easy to catch onto. My favorite was the Wobble! The dance is basically shaking your butt and doing body rolls. Because we sat on the sidelines a lot I got to do a lot of people watching.

This is what I learned about the "line dancing lifestyle":

  • Just because you wear a cowboy hat doesn't mean you know how to line dance.
  • When in doubt wear a local sports team t-shirt.
  • More is more, especially when it comes to the lanyards you put your keys on.
  • You should dance with a stank face on.
  • Bring your sweatshirt into the bar with you. It was freezing with the doors open!
All in all I had a blast and I can't wait to do it again. I just have to watch a bunch of YouTube videos first to learn all the dances.

Now my post is called "Day of Firsts" so you are probably thinking what else did I do for the first time? I went over to my Auntie Car and Uncle Tony's house for dinner. Here I tried Brussels Sprouts for the first time! Who would have thought that as a 20 year old I would try my first Brussels Sprout? As a kid my dad never cooked them because he had them too many times as a kid and hated them. So what did I think about this exotic food? They weren't bad. Uncle Tony covered them in garlic and Parmesan cheese. And Uncle Tony LOVES garlic. You could smell the garlic from outside the house! I don't see myself going to the grocery store to buy Brussels Sprouts but if I was ever served them I wouldn't turn them down.

1 comment:

  1. I do not like Brussels sprouts either, but I love garlic! Next time when you have a chance learn how to dance the Tango!

    ReplyDelete