Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Good Luck Daddy

If you know me you know that I am a daddy's girl. My dad has taught me everything from sports to cooking to things like friendship and perseverance. He has been with me through all the ups and downs. He never missed a water polo game (except for one, and it was the most important game of my high school career but that was for a business trip so I'll let it slide) and was always my number one cheerleader in everything that I did. He always believed in me.

 Since June, when I came home from Corvallis, OR, I have been living with him and his sister, my Auntie La. This time together really made us closer and strengthened our bond. But today he left for the opportunity of a lifetime. Today he moved across the country for a job. As far as I know my dad has only ever lived in sunny California. Today he moved to St. Louis, MO. Where is snows...

One would think that I am sad by this but I am actually extremely proud and happy for my dad. Its something new, something not a lot of people get the opportunity to do. The last couple of weeks we have been researching things to do in St. Louis when I visit. There is a restaurant that serves different types of mac'n'cheese! (one of my favorite foods). Although, we were both really upset to find out that the Sharks had already played all their games against the Blues for the season. But hey maybe another playoff round against them...? Maybe not I'm still in pain from that last one with them.

So if anyone has any advice or places he should check out in St.Louis let me know and I will pass the word onto him! Good luck Daddy! St. Louis is going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment